Code of Reader & Advertiser Engagement
The Magazine Industry Code of Reader & Advertiser Engagement are intended to help editors, publishers and advertisers maintain an industry-wide standard for preserving the crucial distinction between advertising and editorial, and to do so in a manner that is entirely transparent to the reader.
Small Magazine Editorial Handbook
An engaging look into the editorial practices of Canadian small magazines and a handy reference guide to the principles of style. Featuring interviews and checklists, this handbook by Jane Silcott, Mary Newberry and Lynn Cunningham will enhance the work of any editor, copyeditor or author.
Want to hear from the experts? Listen to an AudioMag, Magazines Canada's podcast series featuring new views, opinion and timely information from the industry’s best and brightest.
- Episode 2 offers up tips on how to keep service articles fun, fresh and engaging without overwhelming the reader. Featuring Anthony Licata, Editor-and-Chief of Field and Stream.
- Episode 13 dishes up the goods on social media and building communities online. Featuring Mary Hickey, Deputy Editor of Ladies' Home Journal, and Penny Caldwell, Editor of Cottage Life.
- Episode 14 features David Granger, Editor-in-Chief of Esquire on what he has learned during his 13 years at the helm of one of the most celebrated and influential magazines in print today.
- Episode 17 examines the joys and stresses of taking over at a one-person publishing venture, and running a small magazine with a skeleton staff. Featuring John Shelling, Managing Editor of BlackFlash.
- Episode 25 takes a look at what makes for a dynamic and engaging user experience, and how to create digital engagement online. Featuring Meg Pickard, Head of Digital Engagement at Guardian News & Media.
- Episode 28 shares tips and best practices for producing special interest titles for readers that hit all the right marks—and increase profits. Featuring Gregory Kayko, Editorial Director of Meredith Special Interest Media.
- Episode 38 talks about the art and science of writing engaging cover lines and heds and deks. Featuring Jim Sutherland, former editorial director of Vancouver and Western Living magazines.
For more editorial information, contact email@example.com. For more information on the Canadian magazine industry, take a look at Canadian Magazines canadiens: the definitive resource on magazine publishing.
View other Toolboxes.