Code of Reader & Advertiser Engagement
The Magazine Industry Code of Reader & Advertiser Engagement are intended to help editors, publishers and advertisers maintain an industry-wide standard for preserving the crucial distinction between advertising and editorial, and to do so in a manner that is entirely transparent to the reader.
Small Magazine Editorial Handbook
An engaging look into the editorial practices of Canadian small magazines and a handy reference guide to the principles of style. Featuring interviews and checklists, this handbook by Jane Silcott, Mary Newberry and Lynn Cunningham will enhance the work of any editor, copyeditor or author.
Want to hear from the experts? Listen to an AudioMag, Magazines Canada's podcast series featuring new views, opinion and timely information from the industry’s best and brightest.
- Episode 25 takes a look at what makes for a dynamic and engaging user experience, and how to create digital engagement online. Featuring Meg Pickard, Head of Digital Engagement at Guardian News & Media.
- Episode 28 shares tips and best practices for producing special interest titles for readers that hit all the right marks—and increase profits. Featuring Gregory Kayko, Editorial Director of Meredith Special Interest Media.
- Episode 38 talks about the art and science of writing engaging cover lines and heds and deks. Featuring Jim Sutherland, former editorial director of Vancouver and Western Living magazines.
- Episode 66 discusses the recent redesign of all Reader's Digest platforms and the success of longform journalism. Featuring Dominique Ritter, Executive Editor at Reader's Digest Canada.
- Episode 70 gives tips on rebuilding your subscriber list and revamping your e-newsletter. Featuring Daniela Girgenti, Communications Manager for The Standards Group.
For more editorial information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View other Toolboxes.