Jul 23, 2014
The Tabbies, an annual competition that awards achievement in business-to-business publishing from the U.K., the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, is conducted by Trade Association Business Publications International (TABPI). This year's Tabbie Awards has recognized several Canadian business media magazines among its 450 entries.
Professionally Speaking, the magazine of the Ontario College of Teachers, went home with the most awards for a Canadian magazine:
- Gold: Department ("Exemplary OCT"; Trish Snyder, Leata Lekushoff)
- Silver: Focus/Profile Article ("Exemplary OCT: Carmen Gassi"; Trish Snyder, Leata Lekushoff)
- Silver: Feature Design ("Fresh Start"; Luis Albuquerque, Charlene Watson, Jacqueline Kovacs, Leata Lekushoff, Studio 141 Inc.)
- Honourable Mention: Front Cover, Photograph ("Technology Dissected"; Studio 141 Inc., Daniel Harrison, Christina Yan, Jacqueline Kovacs, Leata Lekushoff)
- #20 of Top 25 Feature Article Entries ("Brainstorm"; Jennifer Lewington, Jacqueline Kovacs)
Other Canadian winners are Benefits Canada (Silver: Front Cover, Photograph, "No Guts, No Glory," Mike Ford, Scott Jordan), Atlantic Business Magazine (Silver: Feature Article, "State of the Union," Stephen Kimber), Canadian Nurse (#8 of Top 25 Single Issues) and Wood Design and Building (#25 of Top 25 Single Issues).
Way to go, Canada!
For a complete list of award winners, visit TABPI's awards page.