Aug 20, 2014
On Spec, the Canadian magazine of the Fantastic, has reached out to its readers for financial support. Managing Editor Diane Walton has written a guest post on the blog Suzenyms, which belongs to On Spec editor Susan MacGregor, to help raise funding for future issues and get the word out about their quest to continue publishing new Canadian science fiction. On Spec is a quarterly journal publishing quality works by predominately Canadian artists and writers.
On Spec needs your help to continue showcasing the excellent writing of new Canadian science fiction writers. There are many ways you can contribute. Here are a few:
- Buy a subscription! Buy one for yourself, your friends and family, your school, your library—anyone you think would enjoy reading good Canadian Literature of the Fantastic.
- If you don't want a print subscription, then you can purchase a digital version of On Spec. Weightless Books also has a bunch of excellent back issues available at a lower cost.
- Tell more people about On Spec.
- Send a donation or gift, by cheque, to On Spec, PO Box 4727, Edmonton, AB T6E 5G6, or through their PayPal account (onspec[at]interbaun.com), or other means. Feel free to contact them at onspec[at]onspec.ca for information on how you can help.
- In lieu of a one-time donation, sign up at their Patreon page to commit to a sustaining monthly donation. Patreon helps support artists and creators, and it allows for crowd-sourcing for amounts as little as $1 or $2 monthly. That's less than the change that falls under the seat cushions of your sofa.
Read more about how you can help on Suzenyms.
Comment posting has been disabled.